View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 02:10 PM   #8
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
mg, you are right! Why did I think it was a lot bigger? Anyhow, I checked, and it is 1.9 mm on mine. So that can't be the reason budbrain's copy is taking 12 secs per page turn.

I am reading Pratchett's Pyramids right now, and for some unknown reason it has slowed down to about 1.5 seconds per page turn. I wonder why? I was listening to a book on MP3 on it, but finished and deleted it before this slowdown occurred. I am sort of wondering if that might have affected the page turn speed? Or could it have anything to do with the new EBL 3.0? The 1.5 secs is not really that big of a deal, but it is noticeable. Never had a noticeable page turn wait before.
I only can speculate. But I would be more than surprised if (§&$###/%&§) EBL 3.0 would have anything to do with slowing down your system.
In my understanding, EBL 3.0 (or whatever version) simply transfers your library to your reader. But as far as I know, EBL doesn't do any modifications to the books.
If you close your book and restart it: Is it still that slow in turning pages? or does this occur only after a certain amount of reading (after having read 50 pages or so)?
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote