View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #27
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatat72 View Post
@crutledge
Thank you. I spent some time experimenting with margin-left. It works very well for epub, but not in mobi. The Kindle only understands whole ems and text-indent, any margin-left or percentage changes give just one, fixed, space. text-indent also makes the space much bigger than you would expect. When I create more than 3 indents, if the enclosing div is styled, the forth and eighth lines sometimes, but not always, get converted to the em of the line above. I have not yet found out why.
The opposite is true for font-size in mobi. It does understand part ems but the difference is much smaller than you would expect.

@ jackie_w
Thank you also. I had not heard of PRSPlus. I will give it a try on my PRS-350 and also try embedding a font.
You'd best check how you are using them. They work fine for me in ePub, MOBI, and lrf.

Code:
<div class="i2">......</div>

Last edited by crutledge; 12-16-2012 at 09:15 AM.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote