View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 02:36 AM   #1
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Calibre Companion and book location

I just yesterday discovered the Calibre Companion (haven't been keeping track on Calibre since August...)

I already like the application, but I do have two questions about it.

1) I save my files in a folder structure. I presume I can copy the save template I have in my Android driver plugin to the wireless driver window. But what about my plugboard? I don't want to use the "any device" as I have different plugboards for my Sony and Android tablet. Oh, and I presume I can't give a save template when I connect to the content server, but it will download the book in the folder I specified for the format.

2) When I connect my device using USB, I know Calibre reads the metadata file that is on my device. Based on that, it will check which books are on my device. But how does this work with the Companion? Does this use the same file? And if so, won't it mess up my USB connection? If not, how does Calibre sync the books in my library with the books on my device? Because the last thing I need is a full copy from my device to Calibre because Calibre thinks he doesn't have the books yet he can find on my device...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote