View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #11
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Doesn't reading scrolling text make people dizzy? I never understood that requested feature.

BOb
I got used to it on my Clié, although I never managed to sort out the auto-scroll options, and I read a lot of web content that requires scrolling. I go back & forth about whether I'd prefer that to the page turning on the Sony; for some documents, it takes as long as 4 or 5 seconds to turn pages. (I think those are badly-made PDFs; it's not all docs that do that.)

On a small screen, scrolling is more pleasant for me than page turning, and the option of putting your content of choice at the top of the screen is nice--the ability to have a crucial, complex paragraph not broken by page breaks is useful.

But it's a very minor benefit, and I do think that most people who claim to want it have never actively worked with it. I'd like it to be available, but can't think of anything I'd be willing to give up for it.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote