View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 08:06 PM   #48
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
It hasn't been advertised as a rich customer only section either. But that is what it will quickly become if they raise the price any higher. I grant you that not everyone will want AP and it is an extra. in fact I've never disputed that, but by raising the price up they will be taking the choice of whether or not someone will sign up for it away from some people, because even among those that have it now not everyone will be able to afford it. If something like the perks that AP gives is only accessible to someone because they are at a certain social level financially and they can't have that item simply because they can't afford it isn't that discriminatory? Granted there are some things that most people can't afford even with a higher level of income and some of them (like private planes and sports cars) have always been luxury items, but those same items have always cost more than most people have because of how much it costs to produce them. Things like AP are on a whole different level because they aren't that expensive. Just over the margin of what is affordable by everyone. Right now the cost of AP is more than what I pay each month for electric service but that's only because I qualify for the budget plan. Otherwise it'd be a lot more than it is. And what of those who can afford it now but won't be able to if they raise the price higher? Isn't that discrimination against them?
I'm sorry there is no discrimination here. You have a choice to either pay the fee, or choose not to because it is too expensive. You either have the money or you don't. If you don't that is not Amazon's fault and they aren't putting a gun to your head to buy an Amazon Prime membership. You just can't afford it. No one is at fault.

This is just business. When a business's expenses start to go up they more than likely pass that expense along to the consumer.

Health ins. is a perfect example.

You either pay a very high monthly premium, but when you need medical attn., you are not asked to pay a deductible, or copay or coinsurance.

Or you pay less money each month but when you need medical attn., you are visited by someone who tells you that you have a 500.00 annl. deductible and or a 500.00 copay per admission, and or a 10, 20 % or more coinsurance that you are responsible for.

You either pay it up front, or get hit with it later, but make no mistake you WILL pay it one way or another!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote