View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #92
ragnevi
ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ragnevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pocketbook 622, iPad 3 and Galaxy Note 2
E-readers has been a flop in Sweden, you almost never see them and very few stores sells them. But every kid has an iphone 4 and you see a lot of people with ipads, when netbooks where popular, almost everyone had them. So I think that e-book readers poor technology scares away potential swedes from getting one.
Another reason is that we pay 6% tax on paper books and 25% on e-books, when I bought Marilyn Mansons The long road out of hell the paperback costs about 3.90 euro and the e-book 9.90 euro. We are also a nation with a low population and lots of forest and we produce much paper. You can get paperback books everywhere, while few online stores sells e-books in swedish. Earlier people who read e-books mostly read book in english, but the libraries has started to let you download some books every week and they have an okey selection. 80% of the swedish e-books cames from the library, while it is the opposite when it comes to paper books. Only 1% of the read books in sweden are read digital.
The main reason I have an e-reader is that I don't like to read on a lightning screen and that I've got one for free from SAS because I had a lot of eurobonus points. It also saves me a lot of paper when I have to read long documents for my work.
ragnevi is offline   Reply With Quote