View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 08:05 AM   #70
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
So would you then use this by saying:

<div class="section"> ....

where you wanted a page break?
No, I'd use something like

<div class="section">
<a name="preface"></a> <!-- Anchors go before headings -->
<h3>Preface to this version</h3>
<p>
Major General Smedley Darlington Butler USMC was one of the most highly decorated military men from the pre-World War II era, and won two Congressional Medals of Honor. He served from 1898 to 1931 and saw action all over the world.
</p>
{Lots of text deleted}

</div> <!-- End of Preface div; page break in CSS -->

This is a small section of an ebook I uploaded in XHTML with CSS format in a post last night asking people to check out the template. You're welcome to download the zip file and look at the XHTML and CSS, and suggest any improvements or ask any questions.

Regards, Alex

PS I found three errors in the text when proof reading it on my Cybook. They have been fixed in the mobi version I'll upload later, but if you find any more errors please let me know.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote