Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #19
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I suppose that includes Finnegans Wake.
ObHarkAVagrant comic which is Relevant To This Discussion.

The moral of this story? Don't go googling for James Joyce's love letters if you want to be able to sleep at night.

Mind you, we could do those as a February/April brain-break combo of Romance and OMGWTFBBQ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Why are there so few posts in the Monthly Book Club winner's discussion threads?
I personally like the idea of the book club, but I never end up participating in the actuality of it (I also don't nominate or vote on stuff because it would be unfair to skew the results for the people who do).

Either the books are ones I'm not particularly interested in reading, much less potentially spending money to read (no-romo who doesn't care for whodunnit-less thrillers), or have already read a long time ago and don't feel like re-reading (Canticle, Hitchhikers, Slaughterhouse-Five), and the one time I went and finished a new monthly book within the time frame (Chinese Maze Murders), I'd moved on to other stuff and completely forgot to comment about it in the discussion thread like I'd been intending to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I do like the WTF category, but think it might not be well participated in.
Eh, that's why it's a proposed as an "Alternate Selection". I don't know, maybe having alternate selections of the runners-up for each month would get more people to participate, because they could choose among the winning books they like the best instead of sitting the month out because they're not interested in the one with the most votes.

Or maybe it would just double the discussion apathy.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote