View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 01:16 PM   #7
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
I am at the stage of setting conversion fields for pdf to epub

I take a large pdf ask and the wizard to help me create S&R 1- to do that it runs pdftohtml and takes a few seconds.
I am happy with that, so I ask the wizard to now help me create S&R2. This is where it seems to go back to the beginning and spend many seconds preparing the PDF for wizard use ( even though it's done it once already in step 1). in task manager I see that pdftohtml is running & using lots of CPU during these seconds.

what I am suggesting is keep the file used for wizard / testing from step 1 so that it does not have to be re-created for step 2 of the setup test - . I am not talking about the actual conversion to epub. does that make sense
I understand what you're asking for now. Unfortunately, the design of the components does not allow for this to be easily achieved. Open a ticket for this enhancement so it doesn't get lost but I can't guarantee when if ever it gets implemented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
ps on saving previous S&R into a drop down - will that then work across different books - as some expressions may be re-usable elsewhere? Ideally it would be good to accumulate a user's mini library of expressions somewhere, or to have a way of sharing them on this forum
Settings are saved on a per book basis when set in a conversion of a specific book. If you set a setting in Preferences it's global. So you could create a few that work across books there and just disable them when necessary on a per book basis. The per book settings will remember you've disabled it for subsequent conversions.

However, it sounds more like you want a global settings scratch pad where you can see all stored settings and probably what book they were stored for... If you have some idea of how it would work open a ticket for it too. Someone might like the idea (or be bored) and implement it.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote