View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 01:07 PM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Understood Dale, but I am curious how the landscape orientation handles PDFs. On the 505 and 700 (in landscape), there is some awkward "fading" in the lower screen portion. I hope they have found a way to improve this.
I think you've misunderstood this .

When you use the Sony in landscape mode, it's actually displaying a magnified portrait mode page in two successive pages - first the top portion, and then the bottom portion. Because of the aspect ratio of the screen, however, landscape mode display more than half of a portrait mode page; the "faded area" indicates the area of overlap, so you can ignore it when you read the bottom half of the page.

ie, the "fading" is deliberate.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote