View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 05:15 AM   #53
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The reader layout is consistent across the Kobo range. So, the Aura does supply more words per page than their other devices. They also use two different readers. One is for epubs and does not display the book title. The other is for their kepubs and does display it.

Personally, I am happy with the page number as the footer, but dislike the title. But, I think they could shrink the footer a bit.
My issue with Kobo is that their software is not the best and does not appear to be generally customised. For whatever reason, designers of e-reader UIs do a less than perfect job. Make it user-customisable so that the community can perfect it.

What the manufacturer leaves imperfect, the community makes perfect thorough their art. Or not, as is sadly the case with increasingly restricted e-reader UI's and Os's.

Still, I'm in the minority and I can see why the manufacturers don't give a crap about my wants. I am still waiting for a decent, rootable, Android, front-lit e-reader.