View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 10:51 PM   #14694
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
The Hobbit _is_ a children's story, after all

Imagine yourself reading The Hobbit to your six or seven year old son or daughter. In fact, I read it to my daughter about twenty years ago when she was about six. She was so annoyed when I stopped into a pop-up bookstore and poked around until I found this Annotated Hobbit about a year earlier Then I read it to her, and then she read it herself... and we were off and running with LOTR.
Now that the movie is coming out, and I've seen the trailer, I think I must reread it - maybe out loud, to get the pacing right. I'm not sure the story I read was in the trailer I saw...
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote