View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by quidproquo View Post
Hi - newbie to e-books here. I got a Sony 505 for Xmas and really have been reading more books because of it.

I want to learn how to use this Calibre software and get books from other locations onto my e-reader. I basically want to know before I spend the money - can I download e-books from Amazon and read them on my Sony e-reader using the Calibre software or do I have to own a Kindle to use Amazon's ebooks?

Thanks for any help anyone can give - or point me to a thread. Looking forward to using the site. It looks like a welcoming place with lots of great content.

Hello, quidproquo, and welcome to MobileRead.

You have to have a Kindle registered in order to download Kindle books, and then you would have to strip the drm in order to read them on the Sony..totally illegal.

No worries.......plenty of other sites......have you tried downloading books from the public library yet?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote