Thread: Content Server
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by germangirl251 View Post
Ok, it took me a while but I finally called my router manufacturer to make sure I was setting up port forwarding correctly.

I do have port forwarding on my router for ports 8080 and 9090. I basically turned off my windows firewall and my modem firewall (which I don't feel comfortable leaving like this but it was worth a try). Long story short I still cannot access my calibre library from my mobile phone. When going through the browser I eventually get an error that the site is not responding. I also found this handy android app that lets me access my content server but I keep getting the error that the content server is on a private network and that it needs to be on a public network to be able to access. At this point I don't know what else to try and I am unbelievably frustrated with this whole thing.
What address are you entering? The address you use while at home (ie 192.x.x.x ) is NOT what you use when elsewhere.
That one is frequently changed unless 1) you have a Static IP assigned to your Router-Modem by your ISP. 2) You use a service like DynDNS (the address still changes, DynDNS gets around that)

As to Firewall: Open Only that port/Program in the Firewall (you Firewall users guide will help )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote