View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 07:16 AM   #10
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Bleach View Post
I've abandoned one short story I was working on for NaNoWriMo. Simply, because it didn't feel right, it was a light, Christmas story and the words didn't feel like my own or maybe the style didn't. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've now started another short story that I really want to finish.

Has anybody got any tips on staying focused?

Also is it easier to write and finish a third novel or story, once two have been successfully completed.

Thanks
Another thought on this thread: in one sense it gets easier the more you write. Your writing muscle gets more and more trained, and starts giving you that substance in the brain that is a reward mechanism, is it endorphines or something?

On the other hand, you can run into a situation you have a problem with. I started my third novel with a very clear idea of what I wanted it to be about, but it describes a very painful life for a couple of years for two nice people, and I'm having a problem with that bit, even if I expect a happy ending for at least one of them.

So I've stopped that one and started on my fourth book instead. Much more fun, and now I've got to decide whether to go back to the original number three and push myself, or stick with the new number three, or even put them both on one side and tighten up number one, which was way too long, and had a lot of other faults.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote