View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 06:30 AM   #17
ndixon
Mostly Harmless
ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ndixon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, Nook Simple Touch
I realise I've come to this discussion a little late, but here's my tuppence-worth.

I have always understood that as a rule of thumb, you should assume about 250 words to a page.
So every 100 pages would be about 25k words; 75k words would be about 300 pages.

100k words would therefore be about 450 pages, which is about as much as I'd want to read in a single volume.

But bear in mind that most ebook formats are compressed (RTF is not compressed), so if you have mostly text and few illustrations, most novel-length books should turn out to be under 1MB.
ndixon is offline   Reply With Quote