View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #13
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
With PD OFF - your font family rule is ignored, and the user select font is used - ALWAYS.

With PD ON - you don't have the font-face rules that define what Georgia is would be my guess (since those where in the userStyle css that is injected with PD OFF)

Adding the following may work:
@font-face { font-family: "Georgia"; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; src: url("Georgia.ttf")}
@font-face { font-family: "Georgia"; font-style: italic, oblique; font-weight: normal; src: url("Georgia-Italic.ttf")}
@font-face { font-family: "Georgia"; font-style: normal; font-weight: bold; src: url("Georgia-Bold.ttf")}
@font-face { font-family: "Georgia"; font-style: italic, oblique; font-weight: bold; src: url("Georgia-BoldItalic.ttf")}

(If this does work it will be fragile - since it's based on current builds and font names that are subject to change).
I would expect that to fail unless you include a copy of the font in the book directory or provide an absolute path to the file on the device.

Installed fonts should be selectable through a normal font-face property without the need to add an @font rule, but if one is necessary, I would expect it to be in the local form (using the PostScript font name, presumably) rather than the url form, e.g.

Code:
@font-face { font-family: "Georgia"; font-style: italic, oblique; font-weight: bold; src: local("Georgia-BoldItalic")}
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote