View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 12:25 PM   #54
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Fromt he latest pictures, the Cybook looks like an ergonomic disaster. I know the Sony is poor in that regard as well.

When I hold my Sony, the page turn button would be best 1/2 way up or 3/4 the way up the top of the left side and would be nice also on the right side as well depending which hand you prefer to use. The Cybook looks like all the controls are at the bottom. Even worse then the Sony. When will these companies learn how people actually hold the reader and make buttons so it is more comfortable to turn pages.

The other problem here is we need another reader with the same specs as the Sony like we need a hole-in-the-head. What we need is a reader that handles letter/a4 PDF properly. Make the reader do 1024x768 in a 4:3 aspect with a 9" screen and it might be ok.
That's what I thought too. And the large "bottom" is just wasted space as far as I see. Or they have to planning some keyboard on it or something...

But the specs aren't the same. The screen is better. If you don't have a SOny Reader yet, you'd opt for the bookeen too (if it's the same price)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Your Reader pic (including the others in the iLiad thread). She's a manga fiend and one of the first things she wanted to know when I started letting her use my eBw was whether she could read manga on it. (Fortunately, there is now a conversion script that will probably make this possible, if I can find digitized versions of the titles she owns in paper.)
wait till she read my "Manga on the Sony Reader"-article then

Last edited by athlonkmf; 06-21-2007 at 12:29 PM.
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote