View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 02:10 PM   #44
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Thom View Post
Let me rephrase your sentence:

If Amazon wouldn't demand this exclusivity and allowed Sony to use Mobipocket with DRM, ePub would not be making such inroads as it is.

prc ist a stable, robust format with a lot of possibilities. I will indeed miss it. But then, it still may be used (as I do) in a non-DRM fashion. For the common customer, epub doesn't have any outstanding advantages. Right now the format is more of a contemporary whim of eBook tinkerers to me (note: strictly personal opinion).
I'll probably keep format shifting books to mobipocket. I have three WinCE/WinMobile devices and while there is one epub reader for that platform, I like my mobipocket better.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote