Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #173
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
To be clear, I wasn't joking, but neither was I dictating. That's my opinion, and I'm fine with putting it to a vote. I just think before we get into the substance of what each month should be, we should first decide whether we want each month to be unique, or whether we want some categories to repeat during the year. I'm for 12 unique months, but if the majority votes to repeat a category I can live with that.
I knew you were not joking, I knew you were suggesting 12 unique categories, and you still have my vote! With all of the variety available, I personally do not see the reason for a genre to be repeated in a calendar year.

If there is an insistance of a repeat, then I think the repeated category should be broken down into two sub-categories - whether it be price (free vs not free), time/era (pre-1960 vs post-1960), Popularity (mainstream vs obscure), or whatever else can be nominated and taken to a vote.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote