View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 03:26 AM   #14
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
But the 45% micropay rebate is an abberation - a one week only sale (that they did last year ... and had a bigger one just at new years, also only a week). Most of the time, you do get micropay rebates, up to about 35%, even when paying via micropay. Two weeks ago they had 50% rebates on some authors and you could pay with micropay.
That's what I wanted to know. It means the micropay is a bit better than what I had put it down as.

For example if I was to buy 10 books now at $8, leaving me a micropay rebate of $36. When the sale ends and normal prices are back, assuming a 25% micropay rebate when using micropay then that's an additional $9 when the 36 is spent.. meaning that 10 books becomes around 15.

It does all end up being irrelevant though, compared to the other online retailers Fictionwise just seems a big chunk cheaper. The Micropay just needs a little bit of understanding before it's used to get the best value for money, and I suspect it lends very well to large micropay balances and buying more books than intended!

Thanks for the help on this thread follks. I don't think it's possible to absolutely quantify the micropay, because of the variable offers, and because nobody will purchase the same things at the same times, but it does seem to be much better than the 10-20% discount from elsewhere.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote