Thread: KOBO Rocks!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #277
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If I set the font size in CSS to be 1em, will it be 1em when the ePub is opened regardless of what it was set to for the previous eBook? If not, that IS a bug.
font-size: 1em means 100% of the value default font size (actually, the font size of the parent element, but I'm going to simplify). The "default font size" is whatever default font size the client (in this case, your ereader) decides it is. That could be 10px, 12px, whatever the programmer decides is a good default size. Of course, a good programmer lets the user change the default size to what the user likes.

So, if you, the user, set the default font size to 14px, then the next time, when you open a book and it has font-size: 1em, then it's going to be displayed as 14px. That is the correct behavior. It is not set to "1em," because "1em" is a relative value and has no meaning in itself.

I don't have a Sony, but maybe it has a global default font size value that you can set for all books, and additionally saves the font size for each individual book if you change font size in the reading screen. That would be a nice feature that most readers don't have.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote