View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #133
hard-boiled pat
The Night Was Moist
hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo,kindle,supernova, playbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I read One drink before the War by Dennis Lehane and was most happy with it. Then I started another and haven't finished it yet as it seemed dull. (don't recall title)

Was really looking forward to it so maybe my expectations were too high. Many authors like Robert Tanenbaum, Elmore Leonard, John Lescroart, Robert B. Parker, Rex Stout, etc. Etc. I have never found trouble finishing. Maybe I enjoy some books more than others, but no disappointments that I can recall.

Can someone recommend another book by Lehane that they have really enjoyed?

Helen
yes, mystic river is a great read, even better than the movie(big shock there).
hard-boiled pat is offline   Reply With Quote