View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 05:18 AM   #10
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
I am no expert on the world forst/wood economy. But at least in my country the net gain on secondary forest is increasing. I think the worlds primary concern is the demise of primary (rain) forest, and the almost unkown effects of our economy to oceanlife, where the ocean plantons is in reality our primary source of oxygen (I think over 60% or so).

One can throw in the calculation the oil costs of shipping p-books, however in many industrialized countries (I'm speaking of europe), the wood production is circled already. At least currently in austria we grow already each year more wood than we use...

The production of silicon wavers on the hand is pretty costly, and espcially I don't want to know what the lithiom-ion batteries to in net-result on the environment. Also what do you do with you eInk display once its over? SImply throw it into the wastebasket?
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote