View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #104
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoenK View Post
geekmaster was right about the battery, it could be that it is not totally charged in the bricked on. Could be the the circuits controlling the charging got damaged.
Could be a lot of things
If it were some 80s electronics, I could fix it probably, but those tiny SMD thingies and the equipment you need to even find the error and the manuals to sip thorugh....way too much work. Mine was the leftover after a replacement so shipping it dows not help, I will keep it for spareparts
You could temporarily swap batteries with a good kindle to try to charge it. That would tell you whether the problem is the battery or the charger circuit in the kindle. That is what I did to get one of my K4s working enough to debrick it when it would not charge at all. Of course, because the batteries are glued in, I had to place the two K4s back-to-back with cover removed to swap battery cables so the dead battery would charge.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-10-2012 at 04:57 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote