View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 04:12 AM   #3
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
I don't know what unescaped means.

Commas are in almost all fields I have. And I cannot choose a specific order so that the first would be a field which definitely doesn't have any commas. Being able to choose the order would solve the issue as I could choose field which has no commas.

What field can I use to make it correct?
If first field is title it has commas in it, so it gets split incorrectly for some entries. And I end up with different amount of columns for some entries.
If first field is formats, it definitively gets split if multiple formats.
I even tried cover as first field but it has title name in it so again has a comma sometimes.
Authors are useless if there are more than one author, since they are separated with comma.

If first field is in quotes it ignores commas inside that field. Since there are no quotes it splits the field itself, since it splits at every comma not in quotes.

I can't even make a list with csv for Author-Title.
I end up with up to 5 columns for some entries if there are multiple authors. For anthologies I might end up with 20 columns, when I need 2.

I made over 40 lists now and none got split correctly.

I use excel and txt for splitting. Save text in txt file and open it with excel. Separate using comma.

As I wrote above for this entry
Code:
epub,pdf,txt,"title","Author,Author2"
I get 5 columns instead of 3 columns:
Code:
epub
pdf
txt
title
author,author2
How to get 3 columns?
Code:
epub,pdf,txt
title
Author,author2

Last edited by Noughty; 10-16-2011 at 04:41 AM.
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote