Thread: Onyx Boox i86
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 03:23 AM   #98
greenwavelet
greenwavelet doesn't littergreenwavelet doesn't litter

Device: Acer Iconia A1 830, Kindle Kybd
luby, not that a Boyue T62 + 9.7" combo would help me -- I all wanted was a larger screen for reading fiction over the 6" Kindle I already have, so the T62 wouldn't give me anything more -- but how does that work out price-wise? AFAIK, a T62 is ~us$118, which gives you ~us$130 left over from the anticipated us$250 price of a backlit I86... Which decent (which for me means a known brand) 10" tablet is that cheap?

Anyway, as I've said above, this isn't rocket science, so the only justification I can see for the lack of products in the category is that vendors believe there is very little market interest (basically people this thread...)
The one player who would have certainly come out with a product if they thought there was a market is Amazon. They are certainly trying to shake up e-readers in general by the Voyager, and it's siginficant it's still a 6" size and that there's no larger device from them -- not even in the 10" segment, where they're still selling the 4-year-old DX (really 6-year-old design with very little change).
greenwavelet is offline   Reply With Quote