Thread: Onyx Boox i86
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #94
japinder
jp
japinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air, Remarkable 1, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by afainber View Post
Which app did you install? It's possible to do without rooting (but requires some Android knowledge and information from the Onyx dev team. I contacted them when I needed a way to do it and they kindly provided me with a solution)
Could you share the solution please. Thanks.

Quote:
The reason they have a phone app is that it does not do anything wrong. It does not consume any CPU or significant memory. IMHO people who removed it and experienced a boost in their battery life confuse correlation with causality.
With the current Onyx software, the battery life even on my M96 sometimes takes a dive with no apparent reason. At times like these when a change brings about battery savings, although its a placebo effect, for the user, its a revelation. Even I have been guilty of such ill-informed beliefs from time to time.

Quote:
I can share a small app that I written that turns on and off the status bar - that's the simplest way. For people who want something more advanced, I can try to guide how to do it, or even write an alternative app, if it's simple enough.
Could you share that app please. Thanks.

Quote:
Hmmmm.... I tried to use the xposed framework plugin to remove the status bar and it didn't work (that was before I talked to onyx dev ), but I didn't think of full!screen back then (though I did use it in the past on my phone). Does it actually work? Does it also restore the status bar correctly as well?
Yes the 'full!screen' app works flawlessly. It even provides two touch areas at bottom left & right (in portrait mode), the actions of which you can customize. Working good, still, would be nice to use another approach - yours & Onyx's.

Jp
japinder is offline   Reply With Quote