View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #359
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter24 View Post
just got my Kindle PW (ver. 5.3.1) don't want to register or even buy or get anything from there. Just want to UL my own stuff over USB-cable to it and just read it without any brrrrrrrrrrrrr#%^&@! from them.
fix worked like a charm on first try.
Thanks you very much, hope it will not try to connect anywhere in case I am close to a WIFI.
Appreciate all the work everybody does.
Since your posting here - I assume you just applied the jailbreak for your Kpw.

For long term happiness - now register it (you have to make the wifi connection to Amazon **ONCE** - it should auto-register if you bought it from them).

Then follow this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=192
to upgrade to 5.3.3 and install the KUAL launcher (you can stop following that thread at the step when the launcher is working again).

Then install the KUAL Firewall with BBB- filter ;
And maybe the KUAL backdoor locker.
(All indexed in the KUAL threads.)

Then you can feel safe to use your Wifi (like your own home Wifi).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote