View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #35
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

Most are NOT formatted as if they were print books. I've not seen print books with things like...inconsistent font sizes, huge margins, large indents, paragraph spaces, left justified, a large portion of the screen taken up with spacing around the chapter title, fonts that are not suited for a screen and textual errors not in the original text (there are probably more things they botch).
My guess is that the source that is used for the ebook is the author's submitted copy. Most authors write their books in Word, scrivener or a program like that spits out a doc. My guess is instead of having someone proof the formatting they just make a ebook out of the finished file the author sent that has been edited by the editor and add navigation to it and maybe gives it a quick once over without checking everything.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote