View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #22921
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
@StitchAwl: Tea in the South? Oh, yeah, I can just imagine.

In my cup this morning, fresh squeezed orange juice. The last of this crate of California navels, tomorrow I get to start on a crate of blood oranges. Makes for weird looking juice, but much better flavour than these early season navels. Though I really enjoy the whole changing dynamic of seasonally available oranges. Since I've been making my own OJ for the last 10 years, I've gotten quite to look forward to certain times of the year. Blood oranges, for example, are really only available in January and early February, at least from California. And it will be April or May before I can get Valencias from Florida. They'll be lots of juice, and good flavour, but a bit "tart", at least in the early season. Meanwhile, when there's nothing else, there's always some sort of navel from California. Some good, some frankly awful. (The worst are the very early season ones in the fall. Thin, not much juice, no flavour, and not sweet. So I stretch out the California Valencia season just as long as possible.)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote