View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 06:14 AM   #5530
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I do believe my childhood dentist was the inspiration for this song:

My very favourite musical (in general, I'm not a fan of the genre).

Fortunately, I never need anything done to my teeth at my 6-monthly checkups, so the experience for me is quite a pleasant one, as he usually compliments the fact that he doesn't even need to clean or scrape them (I am a fan of the Firm toothbrush ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Tom, no screams from my dentist's office except the ones I made. I never knew there was such a thing as 'painless' dentistry until I moved out of the house and stopped using MY FATHER as my dentist. And he USED Novocain. Lots of Novocain. I couldn't believe the first time I went to a different dentist when I was in the military, and it didn't hurt... All my friends and their families used my father and none ever complained that he was painful. Just me!
He was an Oral Surgeon, taught dentistry at N.Y.U. and Mt. Sinai Hospital two days a week. I have to assume that he was good, right? I wonder if this was some sort of passive aggressive thing that he was taking out on me?

Stitchawl
There is simply no way I would have let my father anywhere near my teeth. In fact, I spent as much time as I could simply avoiding him altogether...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote