View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 04:19 AM   #235
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Yes.
To initialize DRAM one must setup a bunch of registers. The exact initialization sequence could be found in Amazon's U-Boot source.

Initialization (writing to registers) could be made with the help of ordinary code or through DCD.
Could you give me a hint as to which file I should start looking at?

At the moment, I'm completely overwhelmed by hundreds of new acronyms and completely confused by the structure of the u-boot source. The only thing I found so far is the include/configs/imx50_yoshi.h file (heck, I'm not even sure if that is the right one!), which seems to include the "scripts" (actually environment definitions) that are run on startup, and a bunch of #defines. But there isn't any actual code in there... so where is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
And remember, just a part of 128kb of OCRAM is free for arbitrary use (refer to Reference Manual for details).
Hehe, nope. I got at least that one right - only 128k out of 128M are usable, but I knew that. Edit: duh... only 72k, actually (page 425). It seems like I really have to read almost all of the 3000 pages to (try to) understand this beast.

Edit: I just realized that it's probably largely irrelevant, because there's none of our code being run - after all, the device is in USB Downloader mode, so that's *before* u-boot is even launched. And if the DRAM isn't accessible, then there's nothing we can do about it.

Which means that the magic will have to be done from u-boot, so we're probably back to the tftp idea. But any hints about u-boot (or in particular, where to look for in the code if I want to enable that tftp stuff) are still welcome!

Last edited by ixtab; 09-26-2012 at 04:52 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote