View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 10:36 AM   #15
rolandt99
rolandt99 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Yes, I acknowledged and agreed with you that creating/saving/adding a TXT format ebook seems to pickup the metadata from the OPF/cover. Apparently, because TXT format ebooks do NOT have any internal metadata to confuse the process.

Again, the issue here is NOT that PDF processing has or has not been changed. The issue that I see quite consistantly (with many add operations testing with several calibre versions) is that "Add Multiple" produces different results (uses old INTERNAL instead of OPF/cover metadata) than "Add Single" (uses OPF/cover metadata).

And, while I am doing that which you ask of me -- I ask you to please try some ebooks that have INTERNAL metadata that is different than the external OPF/cover and you might possibly see the issue. Using PDF ebooks just happens to be an easy format to use to demonstrate the difference between "Add Single" and "Add Multiple". Since, for PDF ebooks, even if other metadata is (now) updated on "Save to Disk" the internal cover is not. So the PDF internal cover can easily be different than the external (cover.jpg) cover.
rolandt99 is offline   Reply With Quote