View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #128
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Pre-ordered the Kindle Fire HD in 16GB. Thought about going bigger, but didn't think the outrageous tax was worth it. I have so many cloud services anyway. Going to get the Paperwhite later on for my travels next year.
I think you are in north Texas too. We got screwed over by the state of Texas earlier this summer when they bullied Amazon into charging taxes. I understand if Amazon has a retail center located within Texas that they should charge tax, but not if they simply have warehouse distribution centers. Personally I suspect that Gov. Perry was just POed that Amazon wasn't padding his crooked pockets! I just ordered the Kindle Paperwhite and for the first time ever I had to pay tax on a Kindle. I hate Texas, even though my ancestral roots have been here since the early 1800s.

BTW, some items are listed sold by Such-and-Such-company, delivered by Amazon. Sometimes you can find a company that doesn't have o collect tax in Texas, then you get the Prime shipping and good deal without tax, plus you get to screw the state!