Thread: Seriousness Are you afraid of children?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 10:37 PM   #16
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
It's an unfortunate fact of life these days.
Once upon a time it was ok to ask a child if they were lost/why distressed; but these days I find it harder, but that's not just me, also my wife....
Luckily for me children and I have a strange mutual dislike for each other so I do not have as many issues.

But linking to your post Geoff, an ex-work colleague who was as lovely as you could get, had a distressing incident in his local shopping centre when he and his wife came across a lost little boy. My friends immediate reaction as a dad and grandad, was to hold the little boys hand as they went to find the information booth.

Cue the frantic mother, who had taken 10 minutes to realise her son had wandered off, screaming at my friend, and then the whole place turning to see my male friend hold the hand of a crying and distressed 10 year old boy!

My niece, who is 7, got a little sunburnt last Summer, (a difficult thing to do back in the UK) because her teachers/school nurse were not allowed to put any cream on her or any of the other kids for fear of reprisals. The same goes for kids that fall over, are not allowed to be comforted or have cream applied to grazes.

It has gone mad!
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote