View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantaro View Post
I got my Kobo Touch two days ago. While experimenting with it, I came across a weird PDF viewing issue.

I have the PDF of the book Professional F# 2.0. When viewing it on the Kobo Touch, all characters are aligned to their baseline in such a way that letters that would normally protrude below the baseline are shifted upwards (or downwards in the case of dashes and apostrophes). A single page out of the book (the title page of Chapter 0, Beginnings) is attached to showcase this issue (see the g's shifted upwards). It is the same with firmware 1.9.11 as well as 1.9.16.

Not all PDFs have this issue; e.g. if you search for Okasaki's Purely Functional Data Structures, and copy it to your Kobo Touch, it will be displayed correctly.
I'm going to assume you want people to view the pdf in the KT. In my browser the pdf displays properly with the text lining up properly. :P
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote