View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Bump to a few months old thread...

As far as I can tell, there's still no way to update the metadata & cover of a file without reconverting, correct?

It would be really handy to be able to change the cover on an epub without running a whole reconvert. Once in a while I've found the re-conversion does something undesirable to an epub. In those cases I've been cracking the epub open with sigil and swapping the cover image with the new one...seems like the kind of action Calibre would be great at.

Is there any reason there's not an open feature request for this? I didn't see any requests for it on the Calibre bug tracker...? Maybe it would difficult for some reason? It would be nice to be able to update that stuff without re-processing a whole book...

Last edited by GreenMonkey; 06-14-2011 at 03:23 PM.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote