View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 10:17 AM   #533
gwhite
Connoisseur
gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwhite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Anderson View Post
For me, James Lee Burke. This guy's proof that some of the best writers -- period -- are writing in the crime/mystery genre.
How true this is, I'm certain his writing would have received much greater acclaim had he been writing in a non-crime genre.

I see many of my favourites quoted in this thread but have just finished an author new to me. May I recommend Terry Hayes: I Am Pilgrim. This is selling for £1.49 at Amazon at the moment and is a bargain as it's a great read.

Can I also put in a word for Richard Morgan as I'm always astonished that he is not better known given the quality of his writing.
gwhite is offline   Reply With Quote