View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 07:28 PM   #4
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
But then how and when and why do books on the Kobo itself get reset to being Open? After all everything was finished!
The reader has multiple status conditions that includes: Finished (read past the last page of a book), Closed (opened and then closed with Close function), Unread (never opened), Open (opened, but not up to 1%), Open % Read (opened and at or greater than 1% read).

The desktop app doesn't have these Finished and Closed differences in status and it causes unpredictable problems with the status of books on the eReader.

My solution. I never touch the books on the desktop app with my mouse. I only use it for sync (to get my books I purchase onto my eReader) and Update Library (to get the new books I purchase onto the desktop app to see my library). If you leave the books alone on the app, there's never any problems.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote