View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
TulseLuper
Connoisseur
TulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with others

Device: kindle touch
Lightbulb Draw Tool experiences

Hi everyone ,

I'm starting this thread because of some lack of information on this Draw Tool.

Since it looks really great, and open a whole new funcionality for the kindle touch concept, I think it's a good point to keep it up.

First of all , Draw Tool appeared for me on Launcher , after installing Titano's gui laucher extensions, about the submenu [hidden features] .

It worked really great and accurate on KT , recognizing including pressure.
As I work with draw and graphics, I love the possibility of turning the Kindle Touch on a Sketchbook aswell . This idea really catches me since I heard of that badasss NoteSlate concept that made some noise last year ...

The e ink contrast is greeeeat for draw , as it looks really material like you're drawing with graphite!

Sad that, I came trough some doubds, that I share here as a debug possibility;

1-

I can't save anything on KT port of the tool from the [save] button .

2-

Just contrast wheell , info , line options and clear are acessible for me at this moment

3-

I can't make a screenshot from inside the tool aswell , seems pressing home will make me get out of the tool ... - [[ How could I get a screenshot on this ? I tried the told way - Home for 2 secs + tap ... - could someone be more instructive here ? maybe I didn't get it right... ]]

4-

After multiple shots of trying to get a screenshot , and after other members talks , I found the tool developer's website with the live tool here http://mrdoob.com/projects/harmony/

I know it maybe is a hard issue , but who knows ? Maybe someone have any answer...

As I'm no developer at all , I leave my short experience on this , here and ask for suggestions, help, or a focus on this, as I think many others would love that as me !

Thanks all mobileread crew!

See ya !

------

UPDATE

Solved the screenshot issue for the moment with titanosīs gui launcher update as you can see down here and here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=185562

Thanks Everybody!
some screen tests
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-07-24T16_24_34-0257.gif
Views:	472
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	89683   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-07-24T16_32_38-0257.gif
Views:	443
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	89684   Click image for larger version