View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #4
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
I'm a big Jayne Ann Krentz fan. In fact, I can hardly read any other author after her.

Be aware, her earlier books were "Man against Woman" and, imo, very antagonistic. Starting with the Eclipse Bay novels they got better.

PS I just re-read the original post. I misread it as having just found Jayne Ann Krentz, versus being her favorite author. Sorry for the preaching above.
She really did have the He-Man fantasy down in her earlier stuff, but even that was often very enjoyable, and as she matured, she began to write more realistically about the relationship between men and women. I chalk it up to growing older and wiser and also the gradual change in our society. While I like the Arcane series, I'm a little tired of it. I like the newest stuff, but I admit that I wouldn't mind seeing one that had nothing to do with the paranormal.
morriss003 is offline   Reply With Quote