View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by citac View Post
I received my 6" reader some time ago and I love it , in spite of the fact that customs charged an arm and a leg for it (like an additional third of the price :shudder: ), and I haven't had a problem since I started using it.

I do have a question, which is: how do I get the reader to display Central European characters correctly? Characters like Ć/ć, Č/č, Đ/đ, Š/š and Ž/ž. Mine is a South Slavic language, and I have a lot of notes taken in class which I'd like to transfer to my reader. The ones I've already transferred don't display properly. Is it a question of finding a correct font, or is it something else?

(BTW, it's become clear to me that 6" is really not sufficient for an academic reader; my ppt files display fine, but they're tiny. Same with doc files. Everyone praises epubs, but the default and first zoom size is too small and the second seems too large. I might have to read up on preparing epub files, but I'm pressed for time as it is.)
EPUB/HTML files should include an language encoding:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
and the charset to use:
Code:
  <link rel="stylesheet" charset="UTF-8" href="../Styles/calibre_0.css" type="text/css" />
(Sigil code view is a easy way to peek.)
Someone else will have to answer if a "fonts" folder works with the 6 inch.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote