View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 04:07 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by edembowski View Post
The current version does not prompt for this, but it does install the files into the 'calibre\drivers' direcory.
Shows how long it's been since I installed this on Windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edembowski View Post
It doesn't show up in Calibre. The device will appear in DriverManager as a libusb device, but it does not appear in Calibre.
Ok... where does the device driver show up in Hardware manger? Does it should up under LibUSB-Win32 Devices? Does it also show up under Universal Serial Bus Controllers? If it shows up in the latter that is the Sony driver, remove that.

What I did was right click on the Sony driver... choose update driver... choose have disk... navigate to calibre\driver and choose the inf file. After that it told me to reboot. I followed those directions and after I rebooted calibre saw my 500. I previously had the Sony driver installed.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote