View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #11
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Thanks everyone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscopixie View Post
You *could* get a cover with the light built into it, and just flick it out at night but i didn't like it because of the glare I'm a tad picky. This is also my first ereader and quite frankly, I'll never go back to paperbacks.

Besides, if your country is anything like mine, there's always a new sale - just a different name like New Years Sale or End-of-Season stock!
So far, I'm using a light that clips on the cover and I'm fine with that. No glare whatsoever (it's the same result as reading in the sun.
Regarding the sales, unfortunately we don't have that much over here. But one can always find a good deal given time

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Why is ePub 3 support important? From what I have seen elsewhere, there isn't much advantage over ePub2 for an e-ink reader. It adds multimedia support, but that won't be useful on any of these devices.
Maybe I was mistaken, I thought the epub3 format would help in displaying nicely the Japanese characters. However, I've seen a Kobo Touch (1st generation???, it has a silver button under the screen) on a YouTube video and the characters were displayed the Japanese way with furigana (small characters providing the reading of some kanji).

Anyway, the Kobo seems to be a good contender and since my Sony PRS 650 started to act strange today , maybe I'll have to consider a new device rather soon.

Thanks again to all of you.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote