View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #26
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post

So, to me it's not about "good or bad" review.
It's about: Why do so many people bother to give nonsense statements about "evil corporates", "greedy Google" and things like that...
I often wonder about the amount of complaints about ebook prices in general. It's not like most people need a bank loan to buy one.

Maybe it is because they are not percieved as a physical item. Still I pay for cable, power, internet services etc. without receiving a physical item either.

Perhaps it is new readers who have never bought physical books and think they should be rewarded for reading rather than actually paying to read. Some may not even be aware that they can borrow the ebook or pbook from a library.

I would like ebooks to be cheaper, but then I would like everything to be cheaper.

I agree with your point, but don't see what can be done about it other than flagging bad reviews when possible. Complaining about the complainers seldom has much effect, although I sometimes do it anyway

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote