View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #10
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Book covers (for pbooks) are very important marketing tools. Every time I looked at a David Weber book in the bookstore, I found te cover to be a turnoff and so never looked further. It wasn't until I got my Sony and downloaded the Honor Harrington books from Baen that I actually read anything buy David Weber. After all, I'm willing to gamble on a free book that has an unenticing cover because there is nothing lost except a little time if I start a book and find I don't like the writing.

(Now I ignore the covers on Weber's books -- good or bad -- and buy hardcover pbooks of whatever he writes because I found that I really like his style.)

Cover art is very important and can be the difference between an OK seller and a good seller.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote