View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #1237
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Kindle Fire HD vs. Google (Asus) Nexus 7

Upfront my personal verdict:
Kindle Fire HD beats Google Nexus 7 hands down.

Maybe my Nexus 7 is a "Monday unit".
There are quite a few annoying flaws:
- Some apps, especially the Kindle app (700 books, bought from Amazon), take forever to start or even crash frequently.
- When wanting to deinstall apps and the respective data, it's painfully slow as well.
In general, it seems slow when operating lots of files, i.e. my 700 Kindle books or the app list when deinstalling.

So my summary is quite simple:
Kindle Fire HD, to me is more stylish and "valuable".
So far, it operates very smoothly.
I've sideloaded the Kobo and Nook apps without rooting, no problems whatsoever.
If the Amazon ecosystem is enough for a potential buyer, I highly can recommend Kindle Fire HD.
If one is looking for a full blown tablet, personally I wouldn't go through the pain of rooting Kindle Fire HD. Then, when needing Google Play and such, Google Nexus seems to be the better choice.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote