View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritbj View Post
I installed it on my phone and it works perfectly but the tablet still says the same license thing.
OK, now we know that your network can talk to the google play servers, so the problem must be in the tablet.

What version of Android is your tablet running?

Please check again that your tablet has a Google Account (under Settings/Accounts), and that this google account has the same username and password that you used when you logged into google play to buy CC. Newer versions of Android support multiple Google accounts, but older versions do not. I don't remember when this changed. I can say that Android 4 and up do support multiple accounts.

If you have multiple google accounts set up, then make sure that the right account is chosen in google play. Open the Play Store application, tap the menu button, and choose accounts. Make sure that the correct account is visible and "checked" (has a dot next to it).

While in the google play store on your tablet, search for "calibre companion". Open the app description page. You should see two buttons across the top, "Uninstall" and "Open". If you don't see the Uninstall button then google play does not know you have installed the app. I don't think that GP does a license check here, but at least this tells us if GP even sees the app.
Quote:
in the anti virus avast on my laptop, I made exclusions for calibre and marked the whole folder. the windows firewall asked for permission the first time and I clicked yes and checked that its actually there. I just don't understand this.
This is a problem on the tablet. The fact that your phone works means that your PC is set up correctly.
Quote:
will it help if I contact google play support? maybe they can do something? idk how this works, is this problem from the app or from google play or from my own tablet... just really sad
I don't think that contacting Google Play will help, at least not yet.

Steven (my son) is the expert on all of this. I brought him into the loop. He has been busy all day, but should be able to provide some guidance tomorrow.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote