Thread: Kindle freezes
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 06:28 AM   #11
terencek
Groupie
terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
I've had my K3 freeze up a few times, which I attribute to the known issue caused by the lugs on the leather non-light cover, which may apparently be making contact with the device's circuit board.

Because returning the cover would be such a hassle given that I live in Africa, I simply took a file to the lugs to make them very slightly shorter, then blacked the freshly-exposed metal with a felt-tipped marker pen. Been fine ever since!
terencek is offline   Reply With Quote